What are the steps along the way?
One of the best things about The New House is how easy we make it for you to choose and own a brand new home. We take a historically complicated process, and manage the most challenging steps. The New House Field Team will be there every step of the way to oversee the project and keep you up to date with progress.
Simply speaking, building your new house follows these steps:
1. You meet with The New House team to determine which house is best for your lot, lifestyle and budget.
2. You enter into a Feasibility Assessment and Preliminary Site Plan Agreement with RSI Development. At this time, we review the property title report, prepare the preliminary site plan and begin permitting discussions with the city.
3. RSI will provide you with the Feasibility Report and estimate for approval. This report will provide you with details for removing structures, lot prepartation and construction of your new house.
4. You are now ready to enter into the Home Improvement Contract. This will be provided to you at the start of the process and will outline the preliminary price and all other details (plan type, site plan, approvals, soils testing, grading, etc.) required for your specific site. This contract will also provide you with the timing, deposit and payment schedules.
5. At this point, we will obtain the appropriate permits and approvals from the city for your new house.
6. We will give you at least 30-day notice to vacate the property before we begin construction. The total time you will be out of your home is approximately 90 calendar days.
7. Next, our team of experts will remove the old structure and any hazardous materials before preparing your lot for construction.
8. Vertical Construction begins and we build The New House on your lot.
9. Your new house is complete and ready for final inspections.
10. You move into your brand new home.